If you’re anywhere near East Flanders in July, you can’t escape hearing about Gentse Feesten, especially after two years of the famous festival’s postponement. But as the city ramps up for 10 days of non-stop music and partying, don’t forget to look beyond the festival’s main attractions and get the most out of your trip to Ghent. Here are our favorite suggestions for ways to enjoy Ghent beyond the Gentse Feesten.
- SMAK: modern art museum including works from some of our favorites
- Keizerpark, Koningin Astridpark, or any of the other great parks around Gent
- Golden Gai: fantastic ramen!
- Sint-Pietersabdij: the apple trees are the best
- Gerard’s real ice cream
- de Krook: our beautiful new library
- Begijnhof: A hidden gem of a church with a grassy yard and some benches